Computer technology is developing day by day. A problem with the previous model is eliminated in the new model, but users who do not frequently buy new laptops at this exchange rate experience some problems. The most common among these are CPU restrictions. When you plug your laptop into the charger, your processor is limited so that there are no overheating problems and computer performance decreases. That’s exactly what ThrottleStop was developed for.
ThrottleStop software was developed to eliminate these restriction problems especially on older model laptops. Of course, using such software can harm your computer, but it’s a risk you have to take as a user. With ThrottleStop, you can also control the CPU temperature. Let’s take a closer look at the questions like What is ThrottleStop, what is it for, how to use it .
What is ThrottleStop?
ThrottleStop software, developed by UncleWebb and first published in 2010, is a software used to disable the processor throttling feature against heating problems when you plug laptops into charge. With ThrottleStop, you can make many adjustments on the processor and instantly measure the temperature values.
ThrottleStop software is recommended, but its safety is unknown. Because it is debatable how right it is to eliminate a feature that your computer activates to protect itself. However, it is known that some users have successfully disabled this feature with ThrottleStop, speeding up their processor and even extending their battery life.
What does ThrottleStop do?
If you are using an old model laptop or even if your laptop has a low processor processor , when you start charging the device , you will feel that it gets hot and slows down. This is the computer’s self-protection mechanism. Many systems have one or all of the three basic types of CPU throttling that will enable this feature.
ThrottleStop software comes into play at this point. It says why my computer slows down because I plugged it in the charger, and you remove the restriction by adjusting the processor settings . By monitoring the CPU temperature momentarily, you make sure that everything is in order. You can even extend your laptop’s battery life by customizing the changes you make to the settings.
How to download ThrottleStop?
You can download the ThrottleStop software via the link here. After downloading , the installation process is extremely simple. You run the installation file you downloaded and give the necessary permissions. In some cases, it may be recommended to restart your computer, but if you have not received such a warning, you do not need to restart your computer.
The most important thing to consider when downloading ThrottleStop software is to make sure you are downloading the latest version of the software. Outdated ThrottleStop software has been found to not work or cause different problems. You can also update your CPU drivers before running the ThrottleStop software. You will get much better results.
How to use ThrottleStop?
Unfortunately, we do not have steps to answer the question of how to use ThrottleStop software. Because , the settings you need to make will vary depending on the brand, model and processor of your computer. You may even need to use trial and error method in some cases. Let’s talk about the menus that will appear on the ThrottleStop main screen, at least you have an idea;
- Save your settings.
- With Options you display options.
- Turn On / Off enables you to activate or deactivate the last settings you made.
- With TS Bench, you will see the effect of your adjustments on your processor.
- Clock Modulation / With Chipset Clock Modulation you regulate the working capacity of your processor and chipset.
- With Set Multiplier you set the CPU clock speed and data transfer rate.
- Speed Shift – You regulate processor behavior with EPP.
- With Power Saver, you can activate or deactivate the power saving mode.
- With Disable Turbo, you stop your processor from working at turbo power.
- With BD PROCHOT, you stop your processor from working in an emergency when it gets too hot.
- With the Task Bar you pin the ThrottleStop software to the taskbar.
- You can view your transaction history with Log File.
- With Stop Monitoring you stop the ThrottleStop recording system.
- You use the C1E option when you do not keep your computer active.
- With On Top you get the ThrottleStop software window to the top.
- With More Data, you can save the data in more detail.
- Package Power displays the power used by your processor.
- Temp displays the core temperature.
- Limit Reasons is the user information screen. With
- CLR you reset the temperature records.
- You edit temperature readings with DTS.
- C#% shows the power and usage status of your processor. With
- BLCK you recalculate the CPU clock speed and data transfer rate.
- With TPL, you control turbo power on laptops that have not received a BIOS update.
- With FIVR you make your processor obsolete low voltage.
When you run the ThrottleStop software, the basic titles and menu options and their meanings are as follows. When you already run the software , you will get some warnings and suggestions by the system. By adjusting the settings within the scope of these warnings and recommendations, you will get the maximum efficiency from your laptop’s processor and battery.
What is Throttlestop speedstep and speed shift?
Speedstep, one of the titles that will appear when you open the Throttlestop software, changes the software-level management of old processors before Skylake . Speed shift , another title that will appear before you, changes the software-level management of new processors after Skylake , replacing the speedstep feature. How to fix
Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error?
- Method #1: Make sure you are using the latest version of Throttlestop.
- Method #2: Make sure your processor is up to date and Throttlestop compatible.
- Method #3: Try not to charge your laptop with a different adapter.
- Method #4: It’s time to buy a new computer.
Method #1: Make sure you are using the latest Throttlestop version:
Outdated Throttlestop software will not work and many different We told you it would cause problems. One of these problems is the Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error. If you are getting this error , the first thing you should check is the Throttlestop version. You may have accidentally downloaded an old version from the link we provided above. Delete it and try again with a new one.
Method #2: Make sure your processor is up to date and Throttlestop compatible:
Another common cause of Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error is that the CPU drivers are out of date or the processors Throttlestop is not compatible. Throttlestop software only supports Intel core processors. If you are using AMD or a different brand processor, Throttlestop will not work. If your Intel processor is not working, try updating. Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error is definitely resolved.
Method #3: Do not charge your laptop with a different adapter, try:
Disable a feature of the Throttlestop software that restricts your processor to overheating problems when you start charging your laptop. We said you quit. In other words, the voltage power of the adapter with which you charge your laptop is also extremely important. If you are getting Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error, try using a different adapter. Especially old adapters commonly cause Throttlestop CPU Not Supported error.
Method #4: It’s time to buy a new computer:
There are problems that even Throttlestop software can’t fix. No matter what you do, , try to buy a new computer with installments, debt and promissory notes. Because if your computer is too old, even Throttlestop can’t provide a solution.
We answered the curious questions such as , which measures the temperature values by maximizing your processor and battery performance, what is Throttlestop, what is it for, how to use it , and we talked about the details you need to know about this software. If you are using Throttlestop, you can share your experience in the comments.